This document is Part 1 of a Guide to Network Evaluation and offers the field's current thinking on frameworks, approaches and tools to address practical questions about designing and funding network evaluations. It was developed along with a casebook Evaluating Networks for Social Change: A Casebook that provides profiles of nine evaluations that detail key questions, methodologies, implementation and results while expanding what is known about assessment approaches that fit how networks develop and function.
What will you learn in the guide?
· How an evaluation can help a network function more effectively and promote network health
· Elements of a network that can be evaluated
· Approaches, methods and tools for evaluating networks
· How to design a network evaluation that fits the? network type and investment (e.g., size, stage of development; issue focus)
· Key questions to ask in a network evaluation
· Examples of network evaluations and what has been learned from them
Nonprofits and Philanthropy
Center for Evaluation Innovation
W.K. Kellogg Foundation
David and Lucile Packard Foundation
Jim Joseph Foundation
IssueLab's Embeddable Widget
Use this super simple form to customize and generate the code you need to display this content in your own environment - no programming required. The feed will inherit more specific styles, like font face and font color, from your website.
Your widget code
Add to the Collection
Please use the form below to provide us with your recommendation, and we'll check it out. Include your name and email address along with your suggestion just in case we need to get in touch. Thank you for contacting us.